Saturday, August 7, 2010

What should I do in case I am informed to have a Credit Card though I have never any Credit card?

I received a call saying that I issued a Credit Card and used it, but some of their information about me is totally wrong. I am not any credit card holder. I suspect that somehow my personal information were stolen earlier. In this situation what should I do to make me free from this event?? Please suggest me. Thanks in advance.What should I do in case I am informed to have a Credit Card though I have never any Credit card?
You should contact one of the 3 credit bureaus ASAP to put a fraud alert on your credit file. This is a statement that will alert all potential creditors that you have been a victim of fraud and they should contact you by phone before extending any additional credit. if you call just one of the bureaus, they will provide the info to the other 2 bureaus. All 3 credit bureaus will then mail you info about requesting free credit reports to review your file. There will be a phone number to call and provide info, then you should receive your reports about 1 week later.Trans union has a Fraud victim website for more info





http://www.transunion.com/corporate/pers鈥?/a>





I went to their website and obtained a contact number for them at 1-800-680-7289What should I do in case I am informed to have a Credit Card though I have never any Credit card?
First, contact the bureaus and put a fraud alert up. Second, contact the company and let them know you did not apply for credit. If it is not a company you have heard of, you should consider checking with the BBB, to verify they are a legitimate company. Do not give them any extra personal information.
no obligation tohave it

No comments:

Post a Comment