Saturday, August 7, 2010

If I am unable to pay credit card and have no job, can they file case on husband's salary?

I have a balance due of about $17000 with Bank of America and I have no job neither savings. Bank of America increase APR to 25% which is even more difficult to pay even if I want to try. Can they sue to claim from husband's salary?If I am unable to pay credit card and have no job, can they file case on husband's salary?
Im not sure what state your in are how the laws may apply, but in most case after not being able to collect on the card, they usually turn it over to a collection agency. in some case they could go to court and have your husband pay wages garnish a small % to repay the debt, you could call and try to explain what has happen and see if they are willing to work some thing out and they may even have some tips that could help as will. I don't know how you are your husband feels about God or Jesus, but I often find peace through reading the bible and praying, meditating on his promise. Have you consider filing chapter 7 or 13 till you can repay your debt this could stop any harassing calls or garnishing wages, you could call a Lawry who can help with this see what choices and rights you may have. read psalm 23.6 surley goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my lifeIf I am unable to pay credit card and have no job, can they file case on husband's salary?
If it is a joint account, they will sue both of you. If not, they will sue you. You may want to confer with a bankruptcy attorney.
if he is on the card yes





otherwise they will go to court and start taking what they can





they can take joint assets like checking/savings accounts

No comments:

Post a Comment