Saturday, August 21, 2010

I am being sued by a credit card company. What kinds of documents shall I bring to support my case?

I have not made any payments in over a year. I moved to a different place last spring with my mother and have not found a job since then. I'm a stay home mom of two and presently, I have no income to make any sort of payments. What documents shall I bring to support my case ?I am being sued by a credit card company. What kinds of documents shall I bring to support my case?
It doesn't sound like you have a case to support. You owe them money, you can't afford to pay, so they sue you to try and get payment. If you have no money, you probably won't be able to pay that either.





Bring documentation that you don't have a job or income - bank statements, reporting from the Social Security Administration that shows no payroll withholdings for you. You won't ';win,'; but the judge won't be able to order much of anything in the way of payments to be made if you have nothing.I am being sued by a credit card company. What kinds of documents shall I bring to support my case?
bring everything related to your credit card account, all receipts, invoices, bills, etc. bring bank statements and canceled checks for any payments you have made.
What case? You owe them money. End of story.





There is no such thing as debtors prison so you don't have to worry about that. The only thing they can do is sue you for money that you don't have.
Do you have an actual notice to go to court. Creditors will harass you and threaten to take you to court. And some will send these threats for years.
You don't have anything to support your case. You borrowed the money and didn't pay it back, by your own admission.

No comments:

Post a Comment