Saturday, August 21, 2010

My screen is blank after i accidentally touched the end of an audio cord to the case is my video card fried?

I was unplugging some audio cords from my computer then they touched the back of the case and i heard a funny noise from the speakers. Now the screen is black and i cant see any image. could this just be a problem with the video card now or is it something worse? And yes now that i think about it probably should have turned the speakers off first.My screen is blank after i accidentally touched the end of an audio cord to the case is my video card fried?
It would be unusual if grounding an audio signal would blow out your video. It would have just given you a loud buzz.





First, turn it off you computer and monitor, unplug the power cords on both for 30 sec. Plug it back in and boot up.
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment