Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I wish to get a credit card in case of emergency's and want to know if I dont use it will I be charged?

It depends on the card. Some charge you for the privilege of owning a credit card, but most cards are free unless you make late payments.


Banks hate people like you and me - not good business :-)I wish to get a credit card in case of emergency's and want to know if I dont use it will I be charged?
If your credit is lousy you will pay an annual fee and possibly, if you get one of the really crappy cards, a monthly fee. If it is good and established you can probably get one without the annual fee but not always. More are charging one because of good credit users.





If you have never had credit then your scores will still be rather low and you might need to pay an annual fee.I wish to get a credit card in case of emergency's and want to know if I dont use it will I be charged?
No you won't.





However if you don't use a card for a year then some banks withdraw it. Of course this isn't a problem as you just use it once a year or get another one.





Remember that if you buy an item costing over 拢100 and charge it to the card then the card company are legally responsible if there is a problem, so you do have that protection
You should use the card occasionally for things you can pay off completely when the bill comes. Otherwise they may start charging an annual fee (to pay for the junk mail they send you).





The oldest card on my history (over 30 years) started charging me an annual fee when I had not used it for a long time. So now I make sure I use it occasionally, so no annual fee.
That depends on which credit card you get. Choose one that has no annual fee. Most cards have no annual fee. Usually an annual fee comes with a card that has a really low interest rate or a big reward program.





And, understand that credit card terms can be changed on a whim. Government regulation is pretty weak in this area.
You would only be charged if your card had a monthly participation fee or montly maitenence fee. In other words, if you have poor or no credit you will probablly be charged some sort of fee. However, if you have good credit you will not be charged anything.


http://creditcardwarehouseonline.com
No, if you dont use it, you wont be charged. Credit cards can be great for emergency's if you use them wisely. Also, if you pay of any debts you incur within the month, you should not be charged any interest either. ]






maybe depending on the card. get one with no annual fee. they charge you just to have the card. i suggest a discover card if you can get one. i have had one for years and they have ALWAYS done me right. it got stolen once and they did not hold me liable for ANY of the charges. they contact me if i DO use it to verify its me because i ONLY use it in emergencies. i love them
Personally I have a couple of savings accounts for emergencies. One instant access, and the other a notice account.





I've never needed a credit card yet. Can't think why I ever would, either.
It is better to have at least one credit card as it helps in case of emergency. Credit card companies do not charge for non-usage. However, check whether there are annual charges.
  • get ride of
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment