Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can attending AA meetings w/out a court card benefit my DUI case ?

After getting my first DUI I realize that I was lucky as not to injur anyone. I started attended AA meetings right away. My only hope of regaining a normal life is to quit drinking, as to ensure this will NEVER happen again. I do want to quit drinking. Will the DMV or the Judge even take this into consideration w/out an issued court card. Thank ou.Can attending AA meetings w/out a court card benefit my DUI case ?
Sure, the judge will be proud of you. Tell the judge also that you have attention deficit disorder and Asperger's. He will likely dismiss your case. Can attending AA meetings w/out a court card benefit my DUI case ?
He will take it into consideration but that doesnt mean much. It all depends on the judge and what kind of mood he is in. More then likely he already knows what he is goin to give you before you even begin your plea. My first dui got me 1 year unsupervised probation, a few hundred dollars in fines and 4 months with no license, and 6 weeks of classes, not including the 1500 in lawer fees. Now the second one is where its really starts to hurt i got 30 days of jail time, lost my licecense for over a year 500 in fines and 6 months of classes, and a breathalizer in my vehicle. So you are smart for quiting.
your judge will.....the dmv will not.....any steps you take to better yourself for something you did wrong will help in the court....whether you have a private attorney or public defender be sure to make them aware of this so that there may be more leniency from the judge.....keep in mind though that each state has mandatory minimum punishment/fine for things such as dui
First, congratulations on making the decision to take action.





If you bring this up to the judge, you will possibly get a lighter sentence. Show them that you are truly trying to learn from your mistake and improve your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment