Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is it beneficial to have a blood donor card in your wallet in case of an accident?

Because it lists your blood typeIs it beneficial to have a blood donor card in your wallet in case of an accident?
I don't know whether it's a benefit or not - emergency room staff would need to confirm your blood type anyway - I don't think they could just use the card as documentation, especially if you were unconscious.


Your card probably doesn't have, at least mine doesn't, your picture. Has you name, but without further confirmation, who's to say the card is yours? Therefore, I don't think ER staff would rely on that card for anything, especially with your life on the line.





I do, however, carry mine with me - so I have it when I donate blood. Having it makes my donation experience go more quicky - as in the interview portion. Plus, there is the part of the back where they record BP.

No comments:

Post a Comment