Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What is the best possible graphics card I can buy for my PC I have 22.5 cm in my case to spare?

I have PCIE x 16 and a 550W PSU


but its the length that I have the problem with the new ones are so damn huge the 22.5 cm is governed by the room between the end plate(where DVI connectors are) and where the power supply connector juts out for the mother board :-( I dont think I can get a gforce 8800 GTS in which I was hoping for! But is there any others money is no object here. Sensible answers please :-)What is the best possible graphics card I can buy for my PC I have 22.5 cm in my case to spare?
In the long run, buying a new pc case and getting the 8800 GTS is a better choice.





the nvidia 8600gts is the fastest card that is small enough to fit in small cases, but it really is a waist of money. It has a 128bit bus that REALLY holds the card back. (the GTS has a 320bit bus!)





my point is that the 8600gts is new, but already a outdated card, there are dx9 cards that run better then it around the same price range!What is the best possible graphics card I can buy for my PC I have 22.5 cm in my case to spare?
you could always get a larger case. Sometimes online stores like newegg will give you the dimensions of the cards. Usually, I have seen it where the larger cards cover the second pci-e x16 slot to rule out SLI, but occationally they can be too long. When in doubt, I guess get a larger case.
Try out the 8600GTS. It might fit in your motherboard. It's the smallest yet fastest one that will fit in mini tower cases.
gforce 8500 GT. i heard that it was 3/4 the size of the 8800 and hence, it might fit in yr case.

No comments:

Post a Comment